Frequently Asked Questions
1.) How do I apply for an open position at Peter Becker Community? Which campus building should I apply at?
If you are interested in applying, please stop by our main campus located at 800 Maple Avenue, Harleysville (office hours: 8:00am – 8:00pm, Mon – Sun.). Applications are available at the receptionist desk.
You can mail or fax your resume to the Human Resources Department directly at (215) 513-3196.
2.) Where is Peter Becker Community located?
Get directions here.
3.) How old does a student need to be to apply and work at Peter Becker Community?
All students must be 15 years old.
4.) Does Peter Becker Community offer a nurse aide training Program? How do I apply for the nurse aide training program? Is there a cost for the program?
Yes. PBC offers the NA Training Program here on our campus. You can apply by stopping in or faxing a resume (please follow instructions from question #1). The NA Program is free to anyone who lives in the community. You can also get paid while in the class if you are hired.
5.) What type of career opportunities are there at PBC?
Peter Becker Community employs over 260 part-time and full-time workers in various departments. Opportunities in the various departments include:
– Nursing: RN’s, LPN’s, Nurse Aides
– Dining Services: Managers, Supervisors, Chefs, Cooks, Dietary Aides, Utility Workers and Cashiers.
– Environmental Services: Floor Technicians, Utility Operators, Housekeepers and Laundry Workers.
– Facility Management: Maintenance Technicians, Maintenance Assistants, Painters and Grounds Workers.
– Administrative Staff: Administrative Assistants and Receptionist.
– Human Resources: Generalist, Staff Development and Payroll.
– Activities: Coordinator and Activities Aides.
– Finance: Accountant, Billing Specialist and Accounts Payable.
6.) Does PBC offer an LPN Program on their campus? How do you apply for the LPN program?
PBC does have an LPN Program on campus. The program is run by Eastern School for Arts and Technology. To apply for the program, please contact Eastern at (215) 784-4800.
7.) Who do we contact about a position? Who do we contact about the Nurse Aide Training Program?
For a position at PBC, please contact the HR Resources Department: Harry McConnell and Susan Plaugher.
For an opportunity to get into the NA Training Program, please contact the HR Staff Development person: Jennifer Nolte, RN.