This post is to inform you that our team learned on November 11th that a Peter Becker Community staff member tested positive for COVID-19. All residents who had prolonged close contact with this staff member within the 72 hours before onset of symptoms have been notified of the possible exposure and asked to isolate for a period of 14 days. All individuals who came in contact with the positive staff member during this time period have been offered testing. In addition, we will begin weekly mass testing of Personal Care and Skilled Nursing residents and staff. All residential living residents are welcome to request testing.
Due to the positive case on campus, we will be enacting safety measures and protocols in line with the latest CDC, CMS, and Department of Health guidance. These will include the following:
- All residents and staff of Personal Care and Skilled Nursing will be tested weekly for COVID-19, beginning this Friday, November 13, 2020.
- Visitors are not allowed on the campus in Skilled Nursing or Personal Care for either compassionate caregiving visits or regular 30-minute facilitated visits at this time.
- Only essential staff, including PBC staff, agency caregivers and hospice personnel will be allowed to enter Personal Care and Skilled Nursing.
- Dining rooms will be closed for Personal Care and Skilled Nursing residents and meals will be delivered to the resident room/apartment.
- All small group activities and programming will be stopped. The Life Enrichment Team will work with the residents and family members for face time/zoom calls and independent activities.
- The beauty shop will be open for Residential Living residents only.
These restrictions will remain in place until the campus has no new cases of COVID-19 for 14 days. We will continue to provide updates on progress and testing results on this website. We do not anticipate any updates until Monday, November 16.