Many of today’s seniors are choosing to move to senior living while they’re active and independent.
“Moving into a senior living community when you’re still relatively young means you no longer have to deal with chores and the hassle of homeownership,” says Barbara A. Keller, Vice President of Marketing and Sales at Peter Becker Community, a Continuing Care Retirement Community.
“It also means preparing for a buzzing social life with access to lifestyle amenities, community perks and care should you need it,” she adds.
But before you make the move, it’s a good idea to learn a little more about senior living communities. Touring one like Peter Becker Community gives you the chance to see the campus firsthand and explore worry-free senior living.
Imagine you’re on that tour. You’ll likely wonder about lifestyle, amenities and access to care services, but sometimes it can be hard to think of the right questions on the spot. Use the following five to help you determine which option is best for you as you begin your senior living journey. We’ll also cover how Peter Becker Community answers these questions for you.
5 questions to ask on your senior living community visit
1. What amenities and services do you provide?
At Peter Becker Community, we offer more than simple convenience. We also give you the freedom to pursue what’s most important to you. As a guest on tour, you’ll get an idea of what our amenities-filled independent lifestyle is all about.
And as a resident, you’ll have access to the following amenities:
- Creative arts & craft studio for artistic pursuits
- Conference center for events and activities
- Variety of dining venues and menus
- Pharmacy (most insurance plans accepted)
- Woodworking Shop
- Crescent Corner Thrift and Furniture Store
But that’s not all. You’ll also receive peace of mind knowing that daily maintenance and logistics are taken care of by our teams. At Peter Becker Community, you can rely on:
- Complimentary weekday on-campus shuttle
- Weekly transportation to local shopping
- Cable TV
- Medical transportation, which is fee-based
- Interior and exterior maintenance, including appliances
- Snow removal from common areas
- Housekeeping services, available for a fee
- Hosting and catering service for private parties
- Access to a continuum of care (more on that below)
2. What are the available floor plans?
Continuing Care Retirement Communities or CCRCs offer floor plans to meet the needs of those living independently. Here at Peter Becker Community, we offer a variety of residential living apartments and cottage homes to suit your every preference.
Choose from multiple floor plans, ranging from studios to cottages, in our Residential Living neighborhoods:
- Maplewood Estates
- Ridgeview Estates
- Crescent Meadows Cottages
- Woodsedge Cottages
- Maplewood Crossing
- Cottages at Pondview
3. What kind of wellness and senior fitness programs does your community offer?
For years, there’s a been a trend of senior living communities shifting from care- to a more wellness-based approach. Peter Becker Community is proud to have kept pace, offering cutting-edge fitness, health, and mobility courses in our spacious wellness studio. With an emphasis on prevention, our wellness activities and services offer a range of options that’ll meet your needs and help you reach your goals.
These wellness services and perks include:
- An on-site chapel with ecumenical services
- Beautiful pond-side labyrinth for reflection
- Group and individual fitness classes
- A vibrant community full of interesting new friends
4. What are the dining options?
Every day, Peter Becker Community’s culinary team expertly prepares delicious and flexible dining options from fresh ingredients, serving them from our formal dining room, casual bistro or café. Get together with friends and enjoy great meals made from scratch with fresh, locally sourced ingredients whenever possible. With good food, great conversation, and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, you can expect a unique and delicious dining experience.
Look over our Sample Menu to get an idea of the tasty and nutritious options we offer.
5. What care services does Peter Becker Community provide?
At Peter Becker Community, we offer Residential Living and a full range of health care services – from Personal Care to Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation services to compassionate Memory Care in our secure Memory Care neighborhood.
Life here is good and it’s enriched by the choices and connections our CCRC offers. With a wide range of activities, amenities, dining options, maintenance-free living and so much more, you’ll find you spend more time enjoying our lifestyle and less time worrying about the details of life. You’ll have opportunities to build a secure life, connections that build community, involvement in the world at large and time to explore it all.
Contact us to learn more about how you can visit a CCRC like Peter Becker Community in Harleysville, PA today.